The Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa will offer a variety of activities and events this Christmas.
• Festive pastries made by Executive Pastry Chef Daniel Lajoux are available at Café Délices.
• Order a traditional turkey from the hotel’s take-out menu. Pre-orders required by December 20. For details, call 17746425.
• Children can enjoy a Junior Edition Day of decorating gingerbread houses and cupcakes with Chef Daniel on December 11th. Priced at BD18net per person with a maximum of 10 participants.
• Learn the secrets of Christmas cake making with a festive cooking class on December 19 with Chef Daniel with a buffet lunch at Al Waha Restaurant. BD18net per person with a maximum of 10 participants.
• Enjoy a New Year’s Eve dinner with Chef Tala Bashmi on December 24 at Fusions by Tala, from 7pm to 11pm. The festive tasting menu is 32 +++ BD per person; the menu with grape accord is 55 BD +++ per person. There is a special price for Prestige Club members of BD30 ++ per person for the festive tasting menu and BD52 +++ with grape accord.
• Christmas Eve Lobby Dinner on December 24 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. will include roast turkey and other holiday favorites, priced at BD32net per person including selected drinks and BD25net with soft drink. Prestige Club members pay BD30net per person including some drinks and BD23net with soft drinks. Admission is free for children under five and a 50pc reduction for children between six and 12 years old. for members of the Prestige Club.
• The Big Christmas Brunch, from 12:30 pm to 4 pm, will be held at the Gulf Convention Center on December 25 with a live orchestra, visit from Santa Claus with gifts and activities for the children. 35 BD net per person, unlimited drinks included, 30 BD net for Prestige Club members and unlimited drinks included. Free entry for children aged 5 and under and 50 pc reduction on entry for children aged 6 to 12.
• There is a Boxing Day Roast Lunch on December 26th from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm at Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant by Chef Alex. BD28net per person, unlimited drinks included and BD25net for Prestige Club members.
• There will be New Years dining experiences with five-course tasting menus by Chef Vineet Bhatia and Chef Tala. BD26 ++ per person at Rasoi by Vineet and BD24 ++ for Prestige Club members. BD26 ++ per person at Margarita Mexicana and BD24 ++ for Prestige Club members. The NYE tasting menu at Fusions by Tala is BD32 ++ per person and BD55 ++ for the NYE tasting menu with grape accord. Prestige Club members pay BD30 ++ and BD52 ++ with grape accord.
• There is a private balcony dinner on December 31st with tables set for two overlooking the gardens and koi ponds at the Royal Thai Restaurant. Priced at BD65 ++ per couple for a menu and a bottle of champagne.
• Sato Restaurant is offering a private tatami dinner on December 31st with a traditional Japanese-style Omakase six-course tasting menu designed by Chef Kevin. It’s BD75 ++ per couple for a bottle of champagne. Only three tables are available.
• The Latin New Year’s Eve will take place at the Al Waha Restaurant and Lobby on December 31 from 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. There will be entertainment and food from Chef Carlo Cirone and his team with live stations and sculptures. This is BD40net per person and BD38net for Prestige Club members, free drinks included. Free entry for children aged 5 and under and 50 pc reduction for children aged 6 to 12.
• Typhoon and Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant are also offering a New Years Eve party on December 31st from 9pm. Entrance is BD5net per person. Dine at one of the hotel’s restaurants and get free entry to the party.
• Al Waha Restaurant is offering a New Years Recovery Brunch on January 1 from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., priced at BD32net per person, including select drinks and BD25net, including soft drinks. BD30net including a selection of drinks for Prestige Club members and BD23net with non-alcoholic drinks.
Visit www.gulfhotelbahrain.com or call 17713000 for details.