Common Ground in Finsbury Park is a bit of a Dishoom, in that there is still a queue outside. Now the popular North London cafe is capitalizing on its popularity with the daytime crowd, extending its opening hours and offering a new evening menu.
The menu, which launched a few weeks ago, saw owner and chef Lucy Jones team up with her friend and consultant chef, Emma Duggan, who has worked for Angela Hartnett and Gordon Ramsay. They’ve worked with Common Ground’s own chefs, Dan Nobbs and Gerald Pospischil, and put together a collection of plant-based and vegetarian dishes that sound really interesting.
Dishes you can expect to find on offer, currently served on Friday and Saturday nights, include:
- Crispy Indian puri, with a garnish of chickpeas, potatoes and fresh herbs and a mint and coconut vinaigrette
- Scallops with king oysters with mashed cauliflower, monk’s beard, hazelnut, caper and lemon vinaigrette and a tempeh crumb
- Japanese sesame arancini with shiso leaf emulsion
- Coffee-roasted carrots with braised puy lentils, homemade labneh and carrot top zhoug
- Salty tahini panna cotta with sesame crisp and pistachio crumbs
To accompany the new evening menu, a wider range of drinks are on offer, including a hibiscus-infused Negroni and, of course, an Espresso Martini using the cafe’s Dark Arts coffee. There will be beer from Hammerton and a wine list of organic or low intervention red, white, sparkling and orange varieties.
Even better, the new menu coincides with a redesign of their garden space so you can choose to dine indoors or outdoors in their heated domes.
Learn more about Common Ground
Where is it? 49 Stroud Green Road, London N4 3EF
When? The evening menu is served on Fridays and Saturdays.
Subscribe to be the first to receive Hot Dinners news