Morning, Sunset Park! Catch up with yourselves to start this Friday, December 3 on an informed note. Here’s everything going on at Sunset Park today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly sunny; windy, cooler. High: 45 Low: 35.
Here are today’s best stories at Sunset Park:
- Check out this map of the official general election results for mayor to see how Sunset park vote. The neighborhood appears to be divided roughly in the middle between Democrat and Republican. (The city)
- There is growing evidence that the Omicron COVID-19the variant is already spreading everywhere New York City. On Thursday, a case was identified in a Minnesota man who recently attended an anime convention at the Javits Center. (New York crest)
- The Department of Transportation has just published a “master plan” for the redevelopment of the streets of the city, at the same time as by Blasio is about to step down. Their priority is to make the city more pedestrian and bicycle friendly, which can create more conflict in Sunset park given the recent controversy over a cycle route plan on Seventh and Eighth Avenues, what was kissed by bikers but rejected by many members of the community. (New York crest)
Today’s Sunset Park Daily is presented in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource at Sunset Park!
Today at Sunset Park:
- Japanese Craftsmen and Manufacturers Market (11 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Roundtable on “New York City’s Next Housing Plan” (12h00)
- Fort Hamilton Distillery: Rye Revolution Tour (1:00 p.m.)
- Bossa nova live music (7:00 p.m.)
Sunset Park Notebook
- Fifth Avenue Committee: “Don’t hesitate! Take a Covid test today and have peace of mind. Visit NYC.Gov/COVIDTest or send ‘COVID TEST’ to 855-48 and find a testing site near you.” (Facebook)
- Happy Hanukkah from the Jewish sunset park community. (Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Dashiell Allen
Do you have a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sunset Park Daily? Email me at email@example.com.